The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, LLC-MENA Office, based in Amman, Jordan is seeking to employ a full time administrative officer as follows:
- Provide support to ICNL LLC staff based in Amman and around the world to ensure prompt and professional work product;
- Work with staff to prepare ICNL LLC Jordan promotional and PR materials;
- Assist with the development of proposals, and other project documents;
- Organize and maintain files, and contact lists;
- Assist in preparing for local and regional conferences and workshops;
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers.
- Answer phone calls and emails and serve as public point of contact; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in business administration, or a related field;
- 2 – 5 years previous experience in office management/ project assistance;
- Computer and internet proficiency;
- Fluent (native-level) Arabic and English language skills.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Solid organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask and handle multiple assignments simultaneously; and
- Knowledge of US government funding rules and regulations.
Deadline for Applications is Monday, October 26, 2015. A cover letter and CV should be sent to email@example.com. Be sure to reference "Administrative Officer-Jordan" in the subject line. Please include salary history for the last two years (if any) and contact information for three references.
Only finalists will be contacted - no phone calls please.
The Central Asia Regional Office of the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is seeking a part-time, unpaid intern. ICNL's internship offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the promotion of an enabling legal environment for civil society, freedom of association, and public participation around the world.
ICNL has worked on civil society law in over 100 countries, drawing upon a worldwide network of partners and experts. Working with ICNL's program teams, interns are engaged in our cutting-edge research and technical assistance. ICNL endeavors to develop projects that reflect student interests and skills, and to assist with the student's career development.
The ICNL Central Asia Regional Office is located in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Work schedule and duration
Start and end dates are flexible, but a 2 month minimum commitment is preferred. The intern is expected to work an average of 20 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Primary duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of, and with training by ICNL's senior staff lawyers, interns are fully engaged in a variety of hands-on legal tasks. Duties might include conducting comparative legal research, legal analysis, supporting ICNL's partners, and other related tasks.
The following are illustrative examples of assignments:
- Assist ICNL with legal reform efforts in Kazakhstan;
- Conduct research, analysis and recommendations on how to improve enacted or draft legislation relating to NGOs;
- Monitor and gather information on an ongoing basis regarding developments of legislation or draft legislation which affect the NGO sector;
- Assist in organizing roundtables, seminars, and conferences in accordance with ICNL's suggestions and available funding;
- Assist in the development of ICNL publications (including grammar editing and proof reading assistance);
- Support the addition of content related to the project to the ICNL website;
1. Enrollment in an accredited law school with strong academic record
2. Interest in working for a nonprofit organization and in CSO Law;
3. Good research, writing, and analytical skills;
4. Organized and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
5. Excellent communication skills;
6. Superior abilities in English;
7. Ability to use MS Office programs.
How to apply
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Civil Society Law Intern 2015" in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted – no telephone calls please. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.