The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (“ICNL”) is seeking a full-time Program Assistant or Program Officer (see qualifications below) based in Washington, DC. This is a unique opportunity to support programs in the international sphere. ICNL works with governments, civil society organizations, and the international community to develop the legal framework for civil society, philanthropy, and public participation in over 100 countries. Please see www.icnl.org for additional information on our work.
Under the direction of ICNL’s President, or his designee, the Program Assistant/Program Officer will undertake the following duties:
- Assist with ICNL’s programs and operations around the world;
- Assist with research and editing of reports and other documents;
- Work with staff to prepare ICNL’s annual report and other communications materials;
- Assist with the maintenance of ICNL’s website, social media presence, online library, contact lists, civil society law tracker, and databases;
- Prepare and help manage contracts and subgrants;
- Assist with program development and proposals;
- Assist with the organization of study tours, fellowships, workshops, and conferences;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred;
- At least 2 years of professional experience preferred (3 years for Program Officer);
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills, including editing of documents written by non-native English speakers;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of social media, including Twitter and Facebook;
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, basic HTML, and other web design tools is strongly preferred.
The candidate must also possess legal authorization to work in the United States.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and excellent benefits, based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) to email@example.com by May 15, 2015. Reference "Program Assistant/Program Officer" in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and early submission is encouraged.
Only finalists will be contacted - no phone calls please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.