The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law works around the world to promote a legal environment where civil society, philanthropy, and public participation can thrive. Interested in joining our team? See below for our current vacancies.
ICNL LLC, Tajikistan: Country Director/Legal Consultant
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law and its affiliates (ICNL LLC) work worldwide to strengthen the legal framework for civil society, civic participation, and philanthropy. Our partners include civil society organizations, governments, and international bodies. Please visit our website at www.icnl.org.
ICNL, LLC is seeking a full-time Country Director to manage ICNL’s USAID-funded civil society support program in Tajikistan. The position is based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
Key responsibilities include—
- Primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of ICNL’s programs and relationships with funders and other partners from the government and local organizations.
- Provide technical assistance and training on CSO law-related issues to government officials, Members of Parliament, CSO representatives, and other interested parties in Tajikistan.
- Manage ICNL, LLC affiliate office in the Republic of Tajikistan, its staff, and consultants.
- Ensure the fulfillment of program objectives and compliance with ICNL policies and donor requirements.
- Develop and oversee conferences, trainings, and other events conducted by ICNL, LLC staff.
- Oversee preparation of comment letters and recommendations for improvement of legislation.
- Provide periodic reports on program activities to ICNL management.
- Represent ICNL in-country and regional meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Oversee production of research papers and other publications.
- Assist with program development, including interfacing with potential donors and negotiating agreement terms.
- Travel within the country and throughout Central Asia to meet with ICNL staff, donors, and local partners.
- Advanced Law degree and at least ten years of legal experience and a minimum of five years of management experience;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills;
- Excellent managerial skills, including the ability to create, manage and analyze budgets, develop and implement program activities and supervise local staff;
- Experience working with civil society organizations, particularly in challenging political environments;
- Excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills; prior experience working with mid- to senior-level government officials is desirable;
- Fluency in English, Tajik and Russian;
- Ability to travel extensively and to work independently.
The Country Director must possess legal authorization to work in Tajikistan.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is June 25, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Employment offer is contingent upon funder approval.
Consultancy: Research on Public Participation in Law and Policy Making in Malawi
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is soliciting applications for a local consultant to conduct research on the current framework governing public participation in law and policy-making processes in Malawi. The research will examine the extent to which existing regulatory frameworks provide an enabling environment for citizen engagement at the national and local government levels and identify the gaps and practical obstacles that hamper civic participation in law and policy formulation. The research will contribute to innovative strategies to improve civil society’s influence and oversight. For more information and application instructions, click here.