The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law works around the world to promote a legal environment where civil society, philanthropy, and public participation can thrive. Interested in joining our team? See below for our current vacancies.
Program Assistant - Washington, DC
Do you want to strengthen civil society, advance civic freedoms, and enable public participation around the world? The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is seeking a Program Assistant for a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office. The Program Assistant will support ICNL’s staff and local partners by providing program and administrative assistance for ICNL’s regional and research programs. Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Assist in the management and administration of regional and research programs;
- Support ICNL regional and research teams in contract and grant management, and compliance with donor requirements;
- Assist with development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments;
- Assist regional and research teams with program development and proposals;
- Assist with research on topics relating to ICNL’s mission; and
- Assist in organizing high-level regional and national-level events.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- 1-2 years of professional experience in non-profit projects;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, international development, and related issues;
- Familiarity with project management tools;
- Experience with budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience working in multinational teams and on complex projects;
- Experience in organizing international events; and
- Familiarity with US Government grant rules and regulations.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until April 15, 2020. Please send a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com. The subject line should state “Program Assistant.” Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls or emails to ICNL staff please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.