Submission to the Global Digital Compact Consultative Process
Presented to the U.N. Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Technology
PUBLISHED: APRIL 2023
On April 28, 2023, the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) and the European Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ECNL) prepared this joint submission to contribute to the consultative process for the Global Digital Compact led by the U.N. Envoy for Technology and co-facilitated by Sweden and Rwanda. The submission touches on several core principles and key commitments:
- Connect all people to the internet
- Avoid internet fragmentation
- Protect data
- Apply human rights online
- Introduce accountability criteria for discrimination and misleading content
- Promote regulation of artificial intelligence
ICNL and ECNL appreciate this opportunity to set forth the principles and commitments that we believe are vital for an open, free, and secure digital future for all. We look forward to engaging with this process before, during, and following the Summit for the Future in 2024.
Read the full submission here.