There are several laws and amendments that will enter into force in 2020. For example,
- Changes introduced to the Tax Code mean that there is no longer the need to pay VAT if a client has not paid an invoice or the e-tax invoice (“elektron vergi hesab-faktura”) has been annulled.
- Commercial courts and administrative courts will replace administrative-economic courts.
- The social insurance fee calculation will be newly implemented in 2020.
- Compulsory medical insurance will be required.
- The living wage is now 190 azn (approximately $110) (and for pensioners 157azn and for children 170azn;
- Some provisions of the Law on Mediation will enter into force in July 2020.
As of January 1, 2020, individuals who have been registered as taxpayers (individuals who have obtained a Tax ID) will pay social insurance payment at:
1) 50% of the minimum wage (250 azn) for individuals conducting entrepreneurial activities in the construction and trade sectors, or 125 azn; and
2) 25% of the minimum monthly wage (250 azn) for other individuals conducting entrepreneurial activities, 62.5 azn.