The International Journal
of Not-for-Profit Law
Volume 2, Issue 1, May 1999
May 3-6, 1999
- Discussion of European Integration and its Effect on European Civil Society
By Per-Ove Engelbrecht, Director of Social Economy, DG XXIII, European Union (coming soon)
- Keynote Speech: The Role of the Charity Commission
By Richard Fries, Chief Commissioner, Charity Commission of England and Wales
Panel Discussions on Approaches to Four Key Issues:
- What is “Public Benefit” Under Common Law and Civil Law Approaches?
By Debra Morris, United Kingdom and Wino van Veen, The Netherlands
- Who Decides What Organizations Qualify?
By Ulrich Drobnig, Germany and Michael Boyadjiev, Bulgaria
- What Level of Accountability/Regulation is Appropriate?
By Petr Pajas, Czech Republic and Nilda Bullain, Hungary
- What (Tax and Other) Benefits are Available to Public Benefit Organizations?
By Paul Bater, The Netherlands and Maciej Juszczynski, Poland
Working Groups on Public Benefit
- Group I: Definitions and Terminology
- Group 2: Decision Makers – Registration
- Group 3: Accountability
- Group 4: Government Subventions and Tax Benefits
Special Papers on Public Benefit
- Why Advance the Legislation on Public Benefit Activities in the Ukraine?
By Alexander Vinnikov
- Recognition of Public Benefit in Legal Systems of Several Nations
By Petr Pajas
- Draft Law of Georgia on Charitable Activity and Charitable Organizations
By Petr Pajas
- Public Benefit Status in the Netherlands
By Dr. Wino J.M. van Veen