USE OF DATA
We may share your data with third-party services in order to fulfill our commitment and obligation to you. We use third parties for services like payment processing and email communications. Please contact us if you’d like a full list of third-party services used on this website.
Data Voluntarily Provided: ICNL will use the data you voluntarily provide to us through our website or email to communicate organizational news, updates, events, and share insights on civic space trends. We want to be transparent about how we use any data we collect. We respect your information and will never sell it to a third party. We will use your information to communicate with you directly, via email or direct mail. Additionally, we may use your information to reach you on social media through select advertisements. You can change your communications permissions at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us. This will take you to your user profile and you can adjust your preferences. You can also update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our website. Cross-border Data Transfer: This website is based in the United States, and as such, data may be transferred from the country it is entered from for processing in the United States. In order for ICNL to fulfill contractual duties and serve user needs, we must at times process data in the United States.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information via ICNL’s digital assets. We do not sell or trade your information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third-Party Links: This website may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom ICNL has no control. Such links are provided merely as a convenience and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation by ICNL of such third party websites or the material contained therein. Similarly, the ICNL website may be accessed from third party links over which ICNL has no control. ICNL makes no warranties or representations or assumes any legal liability of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of any information contained in such third party websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from or caused, directly or indirectly, by the creation or use of a third party’s website, or the information or material accessed through such third party websites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Content: The information provided on this website is for general informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a comprehensive analysis of each and every aspect of such laws and policies, and is not intended and should not be construed to constitute legal advice. Because of the generality of the discussion and because interpretive guidance is often still developing regarding the laws and policies discussed in this website, the information contained herein may not be applicable in all situations and may not, after the date of its presentation, even reflect the most current authority. For these reasons, nothing contained in this website should be relied or acted upon without the benefit of legal advice based upon the particular facts and circumstances presented, and nothing herein should be construed otherwise.
Copyrights: The entire contents of this website are subject to copyright protection. Copyright © 2018 The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL). All rights reserved. The contents of this website may not be copied other than for non-commercial individual reference with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Except as expressly provided above, you may have access to information on the website for your own use only and may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text or documents contained in this website or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such images, text or documents, without the express written consent of ICNL. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any intellectual property right of ICNL, or any third party.
Trademarks: All trademarks, service marks and logos, whether or not appearing with a trademark symbol, are trademarks of ICNL, its affiliates or its licensors, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of applicable laws. Please be advised that ICNL endeavors to actively and aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Translations: Translations of any foreign language materials into the English language by ICNL are intended solely as a convenience to the English-reading public. Translation accuracy is not guaranteed nor implied. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of a translation, please refer to the original language official version of the document. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability: Although ICNL uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, ICNL makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to its accuracy, currency or completeness. You agree that access to and use of this website and the content thereof is at your own risk. ICNL disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied. Neither ICNL nor any party involved in creating, producing or delivering this website shall be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of access to, use of or inability to use this website, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof. This limitation includes damages to, or for any viruses that infect your computer equipment.
Miscellaneous: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severable without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions. If any part of this document is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
ICNL’s Submission and Take-down Policy
Users of this website and our social media platforms must agree to the following policy for submitting materials for posting on ICNL’s digital platforms; violation of this policy may result in removal of content.
1. Materials must not violate or infringe any person or entity’s rights, including, but not limited to the rights of privacy and publicity as those rights are defined under state law, any state or federal law applicable to electronic communications. These rights include any unauthorized copying, reproduction, distribution, alteration or distortion of any image or representation of the individual or entity; Materials submitted may not defame the individual or entity;
2. Materials for positing on the website must not be protected by U.S. or international copyright law, regardless of whether the work has been registered or not, without the express written permission from the copyright or other rights holders; the rights and permissions of copyright or other parties having an interest or right in the materials must be included in the posting, and the posting must specifically identify those portion(s) of the posting for which permissions were obtained;
3. Any submitted material must not include remarks that disparage the ICNL, the host of the website, or any employee of ICNL;
4. Materials must not contain images, photos, logos, content or artwork that are not owned entirely by the party submitting to this website; unless third-party (not the submitter) ownership, rights or title are obvious on the face of the posting and the submitter has not provided any rights information, submissions will be deemed to be owned in their entirety by the submitter, and the submitter shall indemnify the ICNL for any damages, direct, indirect, consequential, and/or punitive that may result from the posting. No images of children will be posted unless appropriate licenses have been obtained from the child or children’s parents or guardians;
5. ICNL reserves the right to remove any additional content, including links, in whole or in part for violations of this policy or because the content has been deemed unrelated to the postings or discussion taking place.